Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Easiest Way To Transfer Contacts from Symbian to Android

Step1:
Go to settings, sync and backup in old nokia symbian phone. Click on create backup and store the backup in memory card.

Step 2:
Connect the old phone to your PC through normal 'mass storage' mode and open the backup folder from memory card. Copy the .nbf file from memory card to your pc.

Step 3:
The trick lies in this step when you fool nokia around.
.nbf stands for nokia backup file.  Just change the extension from .nbf to .zip and extract using winrar/peazip.

Step 4:
Here you see a list of .vcf files in the extracted folder. Connect your android phone to pc and transfer these files to mem card or internal memory.

Step 5:
Use this free "Import Contacts" app from google play and transfer contacts.

Believe me, this trick is better than most other tricks available online since you don't need Nokia PC Suite or MS Outlook or any other software. 

12 comments:

  1. Thanks... I have over 500 contacts on my old S40 nokia phone and I have been trying for months to try back up the contact cards. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! I just imported to outlook and now I can extract them into one address book. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton! :) i bought an android phone for my dad and moving all the contacts from his old phone to new one is the only thing which was stopping him from using the new one. Thanks to you :) Migration Successful :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS! Amazing Trick! Saved my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOD Bless
    Thanks alot
    it worked for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need the vica versa situation need to import contacts from .vcf to nokia 301

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you very much. it worked

    ReplyDelete
  7. The apps is no more in the play store.
    Plz, help me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is almost a decade later, but I have been looking for a way to view and read SMS messages backed up in the NBF format. I have changed it to .zip and extracted the files. I found the SMS files, is there a way that I can red them?! Maybe en mass?

    This is not urgent but it'll be good to get some help if you can spare a minute!

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahlburg's Westcott Spades Titanium Tinted Stainless Steel
    Wahlburg's Westcott Spades Titanium Tinted Stainless Steel Stainless Steel titanium 3d printing Steel Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Stainless Steel silicone dab rig with titanium nail Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Stainless mokume gane titanium Steel Steel Stainless titanium scooter bars Steel Stainless Steel Stainless titanium rod in leg Steel

    ReplyDelete